SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bett_julibrissin

Degrees/jobs in horticulture

bett_julibrissin
13 years ago

I've been a biology major since last year, but I recently became interested in a local university's horticulture program. I have always been interested in plants (my favorite places in a home improvement store is the nursery section). The current school I'm in only offers a general biology degree, but I do not find myself enjoying the program too much. As much as I like biology, I do not really agree with current research ethics, and would not really enjoy going into research to work in a lab. I enjoy being outside and around nature. The horticulture program at the university seems to offer a lot of hands on classes, and they pertain to things that interest me.

I'm writing to ask if anyone else here has a degree in horticulture, and what have you done with it? Though I plan to send a transfer application in, I'm not sure if I'll get into the program (it's a big university and thousands of people apply a year). I would like to hear about other people's experiences so I can know what to expect if I do get in, and to have an idea of where this degree may lead. I'm putting a lot of thought into this, and I would like to discuss it with others with similar interests.

Thank you.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions