SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauraeli_

Yellowing leaves on Phal

lauraeli_
9 years ago

So. I have this phal which has been clinging to life for a while. It had only one root. It grew a leaf, and two new roots which died when I potted it up. Well, mostly. It is down to one root again, which is rather unhealthy.

Question is about this leaf yellowing that is going on. The phal got knocked over and fell to the ground. Two of the leaves were damaged, but they were the bottom leaves, and not good leaves anyway so i didnt care that the phal decided to drop them.

A week or so later, the phal got knocked over AGAIN. Darn this rotten luck. Well, it did not seem damaged. I potted it back up and moved it to a new spot- under the grow light, with two other phals which grow amazingly like weeds. The next day, this healthy leaf started to yellow from the middle.

The leaf appears otherwise undamaged and fine, and the crown is fine, and the base of the phal was fine with no rot. Matter of fact I noticed a little bump where a new root is likely to start growing. The leaf was not particularly shriveled or dehydrated. Furthermore, the yellowing is starting from the middle of the leaf, not the base or the tip.

Whats going on with it? Any ideas?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor