SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annabeth_gw

Sacramento Cemetery Open Garden pics

annabeth
14 years ago

I thought I'd share my photos here in the gallery of the beautiful Sacramento Cemetery's Open Garden Day. It was fun, fascinating, and fabulous all at once. What a place that is! The day was sunny and clear and the fragrance of the roses was wafting on the warm air. Everywhere there were roses gleaming in the sunlight and trying to tell us their story, the history of the pioneers. If only I could speak "Rose", I'd bet there would be some intriguing tales there.

Here is Lamarque, but the picture doesn't do it justice. It was much more beautiful in person.

{{gwi:206517}}

Buds of Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseau:

{{gwi:206519}}

This is one of the roses I bought (actually I bought two of them), Vina Banks, a found rose from a little town in Northern California called Vina, pronounced with a long "i". I can't wait for mine to get this big and bloom-y.

{{gwi:206521}}

If I had to make a choice for a prize for beauty that day, I'd have to award it to Reve D'Or. Once again, my photography couldn't capture the beauty our eyes beheld. Reve D'Or is the climber on the right and Lady Hillingdon is starting to climb the arbor from the left.

{{gwi:206523}}

Another sparkling beauty, Fortune's Double Yellow. It was a huge haystack of bloom.

{{gwi:206525}}

Gloire Lyonnaise was definitely in her glory. Here is a close-up:

{{gwi:206527}}

This little vignette struck me as quaint, in the best sense of the word. I didn't ID the rose.

{{gwi:206530}}

Lady Waterlow was a focal point at the top of the garden.

{{gwi:206532}}

Another vista:

{{gwi:206535}}

Also, I had to include this picture. After we left the Cemetery, we went to the Capitol to see the grounds there. After walking through a forest of Camellias (a month or two ago would have been preposterously beautiful there), I came across a Dogwood flowering its heart out just adjacent to some Orange trees loaded with fruit.

{{gwi:206538}}

Thanks to all who made the event at the Cemetery possible. It was quite a treat. You spread such joy.

Annabeth

Comments (7)