SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyofm

New to orchids

andyofm
9 years ago

I am new to this forum and looking forward to learning as I go and grow.
Many years ago, I became fascinated with epiphytes. I had a room filled with the little (and a few, not so little) air-plants.
Slowly but surely, one by one, my air garden disappeared and I swore to myself "never again". Then, four weeks ago my boss gave me an orchid: a mini phalaenopsis to be specific According to him, anyone can grow these. Sure, I said (remembering the poor little epiphytes molding over these many years in the garden). I found myself reading about orchids and orchid care and even went out and purchased a second orchid to keep the first company. Since I tend to over-tend, i searched a solution to my compulsion to over water and over care. I am now waiting for my beginners semi hydro kit to get here. My mini has dropped it's flowers and it's companion continues to display and I hope continue to open blossoms as it adjusts to its new home. I will re-pot the mini and begin its new adventure. I figure even I can keep my hands off until dry as per instruction. Wish me luck.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH