SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

# of leaves per p-bulb on Milt. Rene Komoda 'Pacific Clouds'

It there any significance to the # of leaves on a p-bulb? It seems like the youngest p-bulb on my milt. has more pairs (4 pairs; 8 leaves) of leaves than the older p-bulbs (2 pairs; 4 leaves). I don't think it's because the older p-bulbs have lost some of their leaves.

I'm hoping it means my orchid is "happy" :-)

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• claire1_2008
    15 years ago

Hi Melle_sacto,

I have a Milt. ReneLomoda "Pacific Cloud". It has 3 mature psbs and 2 new growths. The new growths each have two sets of two leaves coming from the base (4 leaves total) and 2 more leaves coming from the top of the psb. Only 1 of the 3 mature psbs have any side leaves at all. All 3 still have their top leaves.
    If the leaves on your youngest psb doesn't have any crinkles than I'm sure it's a very "happy" orchid but I don't think it's doing anything new with the leaf count. I'm afraid mine shows a few crinkles but nothing like the accordions that I've seen on my other milt. - Me and my milts are still working towards a happy relationship. - Not there yet but getting closer.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts! Unfortunately I do get intermittent crinkles on my leaves. I think I'm getting better at watering b/c the newer leaves show less crinkles. I guess I'll know for sure if it flowers--that should be a good sign! :-)