SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

UV light

sandyl
17 years ago

My pond is 7 years old and about 1,500 gals. I hooked up my UV light on Tuesday and today (saturday) I have clear, clean water. I also hooked back up my 100 gal stock tank bio filter last saturday. I know its way to early for the bio filter to kick in and start doing its thing, but I had such a high algea bloom that I could not see 3 iches below the water surface. Now today I can see the bottom. The pond is so much more injoyable when its clean and clean. My pond is a in ground and above ground type and its got probably over 40 fish of different types in it. I have my uv light hooked up to a much smaller pump then what runs to my 100 bio filter which pumps 3600 gal per hour. I know with my pond just being 1,500 gal the larger pumps is a bit over kill but it works great in my setup. Its moving alot of water. I purchased the 3,600 pump and the uv light last year and both have worked great. Can't live without the uv light now that I have used one. My uv light is 20 watts and I have it running to a five gal bucket that then it discharges back in to the pond. The bucket is full of fiber filter media. All I can say is UV lights rock, if you have algea bloom and want to have clear, clean water you will not be wasting you money by purchasing a UV light.. Happy Ponding. Sandy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor