SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthmermaid

Non flowering woodland vine - ID please!

earthmermaid
13 years ago

There is a patch of vine on the edge of the woodland. It is located at the top of an incline and is growing through past seasons oak leaves. The tallest vine growing straight up is over 5 feet high. The vine that is twining is only twing around the same type of vine. The vine is not growing around any of the surrounding trees, bushes, etc. This is a partially sunny spot that also has some wind. The leaves are a deep green with the underside a lighter green.The leave's veins are clearly seen with the eye. The leaf is rounded close to the stem but the tip comes to a narrow point.The leaf is soft but not what I would call smooth to the touch. The vine is thicker closer to the ground in the more mature plants. They also are speckled with white dots that are slightly raised. (The unspeckled part of the vine is very smooth to the touch.)The dots are seen more clearly in the more mature (thicker) vines. I am fascinated with this plant particulary with the way it sways in the wind and only twines around like plants.The plants are growing within a clearing of oak/maple/pine trees. There are some mushrooms growing near the plant. Any assistance in identifying this plant would be much appreciated!! (I cannot post a picture - sorry!)

Comments (2)