SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

It just creeps up on you.

gandle
9 years ago

No I'm not talking about age although that sort of sneaks up on you too. I'm thinking about autumn or fall, whatever you prefer. Spring arrives with almost a fanfare. Warmer days, lots of wind and usually rain.

No doubt about summer, mother nature has chosen a green gown for this one plus bring on the hot days and nights but, when fall arrives it is hardly noticed . You think, I don't believe the A.C.has run for a week. I'm pulling a sheet over me at night, the mornings are cool, very low humidity. If you are looking for an adjective to describe fall it would be calm. Fall crops are growing like mad in the garden. Been picking apples and the grapevines are bursting with fruit that will be ready next week. almost a symphony of comfort and pleasurable happenings> but then we hit a sour note in our symphonyWhen we used to be able to go out in the hills and cut, all the wood we needed for the winter I'm sure it probably saved us some money for heat but that was never the point, comfort was foremost.

Off track as usual, winter doesn't sneak up on you, it slaps you alongside of the head and announces it's presense with a growl and lets you know there is going to be some nasty weather to contend with for the next five months. Oh sure, there will be some nice days really just to tease you but winter is still in control

Didn't mean to run on that long but so be it.Enough

Proofread by L. he's talking about our winters on the high plains.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions