SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ozzz_gw

Organic bloom booster for veggies

ozzz
14 years ago

Anyone have any recommendations for a good, organic bloom booster?

Im growing in containers, and I do add an organic granular to my soil mix (lately garden tone 4-6-6 along with some worm castings and a bit of gypsum) when I transplant. However I have been reading and cant seem to find a good organic bloom booster to add during blooming and fruiting.

Ild prefer to stay away from bottled, store boughten products. If thats what I have to use then I guess thats what Ill have to use. What Ild love to find though is a cheap, natural bloom booster I could apply every other watering or so to help up production during that time and make sure the plants arent short on P.

Diluted coffee is great for nitrogen, Molassess is great for potassium ..... but I have to believe theres an inexpensive phosphorus source that Im overlooking??

I guess I wouldnt be terribly against something like Neptune harvests fish fertilizer (2-4-1) and maybe mix with some molasses to up the K. Im kind of on a free (or virtually free) kick though and something about using everyday wastes to feed plants really appeals to me.

I dont mind purchasing bulk, staple organic compounds like bone or blood meals, molassis, and things like that.

Any suggestions?

Comments (10)