SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

I'm confused... plumbing/BD

rosegarden3
16 years ago

In 2005 I had a 20gal half barrel pond, it was cute, no fish, no plants.

In 2006 I upgraded to a 35gal in ground preform, with a very small waterfall, this was also cute, no fish, no plants.

In 2007 I upgraded to about a 700gal PVC liner pond with lots of help from here, I made a DIY skippy filter and had 3 400gph pumps running to the skippy then out into the waterfall. No bottom drain, 6 fancy gold fish, 1 lilly few floating plants(nowhere near enough). I really enjoyed this pond, but the more I looked at it I new I needed to go bigger. This pond is off to one side in my flower garden.

Now in 2008 I would like to upgrade to a bigger better pond. Instead of my pond being in my flower garden I want to have flowers around my pond! I will be expanding and fencing in about a 30' by 48' area for the pond and flowers and to keep our newfoundlands out. I have been reading on here for 2 days. I know I want to get the 45mil liner, an underlayment of some kind. I need a much bigger skippy, a skimmer, pump, and I would like to put in a bottom drain. I have found lot of info on here but I can't find out how to put it all together! and what about a settling tank? I don't know how big my pond will be or how deep but I need to have it deep enough to leave my fish in it all winter. We have very cold winters here and lots of snow. So how can I run it in the winter. I just plan on deciding the size come spring.

So what I really need to know is how do I plumb it all together? Does someone have a drawing of there setup or a link to one somewhere?

Also any suggestions on my rebuild?

BTY this is all a DIY!

Comments (10)