SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob123how

Cattleya blooming question

bob123how
16 years ago

There are 4 catts in question. All are outside and get direct sun from about 10 AM until about 2 or 3 PM and then dappled shade until about 5 and shady dapple until sundown. When it's not pouring down rain, there's quite a bit of sunlight, although recently, it's been pouring down rain

Now, Iwanagarra Appleblossom had the biggest new pb proportionally, but nothing else. Lc. Firedance 'Patricia' and Lc. Rojo both have sheaths extending from the new pb's. They are about 2 inches and 1/2 inch from the top of the PB respectively, but they are empty. Blc. Copper Queen has a small sheath extending from the most developed new PB, and it has split at the top and I see a doodley inside. I'm not going to go so far as to call it a spike so I don't jinx myself.

Should the other two with sheaths have something inside of them, or will the sheath brown and then send up spikes, or have I loused up, and won't see blooms at all?

Copper Queen also has send up a 2-headed new lead, should it follow that that PB will have 2 spikes as well?

I feel like my first "all by myself" bloom is coming soon! Thanks, Bob

Comments (8)