SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andalee

What do I do with my soil report?

andalee
10 years ago

Hi all,

We just got our lovely soil report back, and now I know (sort of) what my soil's problems are. I'm now wondering what exactly I can do to add organic amendments to the new garden (120' x 120').

I know blood meal and bone meal are usually considered good sources of N and P, but what else might I use, considering the results of my test? (I have to admit to not understanding about half of what's on that report. lol) Any other advice or experience that might help me? This is our first go at a big garden, and I really want to build a good foundation for our plants to really thrive.

I wish the lab gave recommendations in organic amendments, instead of chemicals. ;o)

I often order things from Azure Standard (kelp meal, alfalfa pellets, sea minerals) so if anyone is familiar with amending their garden with things supplied by AS, then that would be a bonus.

(Image of results is attached--page one is on the right, page two on the left. I think my image software was feeling Chinese today . . . and I can't get it to be higher quality, so please forgive me the headache you might get from fuzzy numbers . . . )

Thanks so much!

Comments (6)