SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solsort1_dk

My very first pond - many pictures

solsort1_dk
14 years ago

Hi everyone.

I have never posted on this forum before. But Ive just looked at all your posts with pictures of your gorgeous ponds over the last few days, so I wanted to pay something back by showing you my new and very first pond.

We buildt it last week and I just finished planting it up yesterday.

I am in Denmark, Europe, so very far from all of you, but I think we gardeners/ponderers are very alike all over the world.

My pond is only very small, a premade 132 gallon (500 L)

I know I havent done a very good job of hiding the edges. Ive planted lots of plants around the edge, so Im hoping they will hide the black edges over time.

Sorry that many of the plants look very droopy still, but I dug them up from all over my garden and divided them to cover the ground fast.

Im also not so happy with my stream. Ive used a liner with pebbles glued on, but it looks a bit artificial. Ive tried to place more pebbles on it, but they get washed down :-D Im leaving it like this for now maybe till I find some bigger pebbles.

I have a pump and a pressure filter with UV-filter and Im hoping along with all the plants it will keep my water nice. Ive been told its more or less impossible to not have string-algea so I will just have to clear those out by hand.

I donÂt have any fish in it. I have 4 bunnies and two doggies, so for now I have enough pets, but who knows. Im really hoping to have frogs along the way. And my wild birds already love it. The blackbirds bath by the low end beneath the stream, and Ive had up to 5 sparrows bathing in the stream at once.

I appreciate any critisism, good or bad, as all this is very new to me and very exciting. I see myself with a bigger pond in some years. This was all the space I had available at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Take care,

Hanne in Denmark

{{gwi:180347}}

{{gwi:180358}}

{{gwi:180360}}

{{gwi:180361}}

{{gwi:180362}}

{{gwi:180364}}

{{gwi:180368}}

{{gwi:180373}}

{{gwi:180374}}