SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annedickinson

My pond in June 2013

annedickinson
10 years ago

My pond had turned greeen this spring but I was not well enough to deal with it. Finally in early June I was able to hook up the skippy filter and this is what it looked like in a few days. Even now I still can see the bottom clearly.
{{gwi:179611}}

I love that skippy filter. I don't do any maintenence to it. In the fall I drain it and leave the drain open all winter. In the spring I close the valve, fill it with dechlorinated water, hook the hose to the pump and throw the switch. The first winter I removed the filtering material but that was the only time.

{{gwi:179612}}

Here's the floating island. It survived the winter with flying colors. I left it in the pond to see what would happen. I wish I had designed it better, but it is what it is. I may take it out and make some modifications at some point.

{{gwi:179614}}

I can relax by the pond and stream. It is so great to just sit and watch the birds bathe, the insects and chipmunks coming for a drink, the water striders stealing bits of fish food and the fish themselves. I have 8 little lily leaves now and the plants around the pond are filling in.

Recently I was delighted to see a little visitor using the island. Unfortunately I don't often see the snakes so it was fun to see this tiny one on my island.:
{{gwi:179616}}

Happy Ponding to all.

Comments (7)