SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 8 - 28 - 14

User
9 years ago

To me, art's highest purpose is to entertain, to enlighten, to inspire, to evoke emotion and to change an audience in some way, big or small.
Charity Sunshine Tillemann-Dick

For some students, especially in the sciences, the knowledge gained in college may be directly relevant to graduate study. For almost all students, a liberal arts education works in subtle ways to create a web of knowledge that will illumine problems and enlighten judgment on innumerable occasions in later life.
Derek Bok

I have always fought for ideas - until I learned that it isn't ideas but grief, struggle, and flashes of vision which enlighten.
Margaret Anderson

Buildings designed with careful attention to aesthetics arouse and enlighten their occupants and that promotes their good health.
Robert Evans

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson

The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.
Hazrat Inayat Khan

We stumble and fall constantly even when we are most enlightened. But when we are in true spiritual darkness, we do not even know that we have fallen.
Thomas Merton

There is always a place I can take someone's curiosity and land where they end up enlightened when we're done. That's my challenge as an educator. No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives.
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions