SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koiaddict

Pics of Some of My Babies/Waterfall

koiaddict
17 years ago

Here are some recent pics of some of my koi and comets. I have about 10-15 koi and 4 comets. Unfortunately, I have no idea what type of koi I have -- I'm sure most of them are some kind of mixed, but would love it if someone could identify some of them.

{{gwi:176135}}

This one is about 15-20" long and has only one eye. It's name is "Noeyekoi." When I got it, the guy I bought it from said that there was another koi (white/orange/black - 20" long) that had been swimming with Noeyekoi and following it around like a shadow for a long time so I got them both for $45. I thought it was a good deal.

{{gwi:176137}}

My one platium butterfly koi's name is Nemo since it has a "lucky fin" on the left side. I've had it for about 3 years now. Doesn't seem to be growing very fast though. Then I have the large white with orange that I call Hoover since he/she eats everything in sight as fast as he can.

{{gwi:176140}}

In this pic, you can see another one of my butterfly koi. It is blue and white with orange spots that I named Gator for the Fla. Gators.

Again, if anyone can help me identify the types of koi I have, I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on posting pics of my pond tomorrow as I didn't have time last night to get them posted. In Oct of last year, we shut down our pond of 800 gals and upgraded to a 5,000 gal so I'm hoping these guys will grow with that much room. They seem to love their new habitat. Hope you all enjoy them!

Cindy

Comments (4)