SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Bird with a broken wing

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

Turning into the drive last night, Ed commented to a bird in the street, "Get out of the street! You're going to get hit!" I jumped out and went over to him. He was very much alive, but had a broken wing. I hearded him out of the street, but I soon realized, getting eaten right in front of my house didn't appeal to me any more than I could stomach him getting plowed by a car; only a few feet more would put him in the shady backyard, behind the gate. He actually followed me into my drive! I had to sort of get him to quit following me and let me lead him, but he was soon in and picked Ed's truck to lie under. LF went and got him bread. I went in and got him a shallow plate to stand and drink water. He drank and drank. He looked totally exhausted and soon tucked his head for the night. We tiptoed out and left him. Ed and I kept telling LF not to have any notions of that bird living, that it was likely he'd be attacked, or just not survive his injury. He's very much alive this morning, and I am now struck by, we may have a pigeon in our yard for awhile. Heck, I've taken to calling him Teddy. I know I can't take him to a bird rescue, the trip would be too taxing right now. So do I just keep giving him water? What else do I do with him?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions