SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 7 -7 -13

User
10 years ago

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
James Madison

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
James Madison

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
James Madison

Comments (4)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

All of them bear repeating and repeating, but who is listening!

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Amen, Anneliese

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Why do most of us realize the reasoning and validity of there words, but our elected officials don't? Do we really elect incompetent people to represent/govern us, or do they change once they get in office and get a taste of power?

I won't be here, but I fear for the kind of country in which my great-grandchildren will live.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

We do elect the people representing us.
    Sometimes I wonder how some people can elect someone who thinks so differently from me. On the other hand, I'm sure there are people that wonder how someone can elect someone so different from them.
    mweel, " or do they change once they get in office and get a taste of power? "
    We give them power.
    I don't worry much about my kids, grand kids or great grand kids, because I've taught them that they have to navigate through their own era, just as I had to navigate through my own era.

Sponsored
More Discussions