SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adamm321

Using fish emulsion/kelp liquid fertilizer..questions..

AdamM321
18 years ago

Hi,

I like to use Fish emulsion/kelp fertilizer. I follow the package directions for diluting with water and apply to the leaves. I am wondering about timing. If I spray the plant, and rain is predicted, is the fertilzer going to be wasted?

I mean, I think that once it is on the plant and DRIES on the leaves, that the plant has gotten it's dose and then if it rains, it doesn't matter. I have no idea why I think this..lol. Is that right or wrong? How long does the solution have to be on the leaves to get all the benefit?

More questions..[g]...What about applying it when the plants are in full sun? I always think that I should apply it early in the morning before the hot sun is on them. Applying when the leaves are wet? I always think I should apply it to dry leaves or else it will drip off. What about the plant being either watered or not? I always think the plant should be thoroughly watered before I fertilize? What about applying it every day? If this is the only fertilizer you use, can it really promote as good a growth as something inorganic? IF every day is too much, what about once a week?

Phhewww! Can't think of any more questions..lol.

Adam

Comments (20)