SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

My cat is sick

catherinet
14 years ago

A year ago, my cat was really obese. I put him on a diet, and found food that he would eat without throwing up. The vet said he just had a hairball problem and that's why he was throwing up so much.

Later last year, he had a bowel impaction and they gave him an enema. They checked his labs and his sugar was a little high, but I chose to ignore it, since he was stressed so much at the time.

He's lost alot of weight....which we were glad of, since he'd been so obese.

But about a month ago, he started not eating again, and began losing weight really rapidly.

I took him to the vet this Monday, and he sent off labs including thyroid. I wanted a thyroid the last time, but he said the cat didn't have the symptoms.

Anyhow.....the labs should be back today, but kitty is really slowing down and not looking good. I guess I'm a bit disappointed that the vet hasn't taken some of kitty's problems more seriously. But I guess cats go through various strange times and it doesn't always mean anything.

I did switch his food last year to Blue Spa Select. A few months ago, I switched to Brandon's organics. I don't think there's still any problems with pet food and contamination with Melamine, are there??

Kitty is 13 years old. I didn't think that was that old, but I guess its getting there.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments (15)