SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vandavixen

Vanda experiment update

15 years ago

Hi all..It's Vandavixen again....

A while back I posted about placing vandas in a vase at least 20 mins a week.... I had read about growers from around the U.K. and Canada with much success. My vanda was looking so stressed I had no idea what to do I was desperate to save it.

Any how, It came back to life then I did it more then accidently left it a few days ...Not bad,I thought as I watched leaves flourishing everything was better stressed leaves were normal.

BUT>>>>>>>> there is always a but...to my surprize roots started dying off and new roots sprouted on top areas of the stem...

Now I took it away from the vase. I'm wondering how it will be since now we are in summer extreme heat?

Any ideas? It's hanging up bare root in it's original basket with no mixer of husks etc coal but I will just kinda letting it be see what happens.

I saw this one man post like 5 vandas all living great everyday inside the house by a sunny window.

I'm so jealous I wish I was that clever....Some show them in pots with pumous stone and humidity trays underneath living inside.

I wish I could just let these vandas have the best temps and 100 degrees 90's and 100% humidity is not their favoriate...Hmmmmm?

What to do what to do ????

Comments (12)