SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drema_dianne

Potager Pics

drema_dianne
14 years ago

Hi Everyone. I am going to attempt to post pics of the potager, and am not sure how to put a bunch in one post, but will give it my best shot.

My daughter Mary Kate and her husband replaced their fence, so that is what we used. The big pot in the middle my son got at Lowe's for $10 because it had a crack in it. He is always on the lookout for me. We siliconed it up, and it has lasted for two years so far. The bricks I got for $50 on Craigslist. I looked every day for a year to find a deal I could afford. I think I have spent more money on dirt and mulch than anything else.The gray things in the corners are an oil display from a gas station. My sister Melody had the brilliant idea to get them, put them in her daughter's front yard and paint it like a birthday cake for her grandson's first birthday. Daughter and son in law nixed the idea. My sister begged me to take them away, so here they are. When you put them together, they could sort of make a three sided cake:)

We have peppers, lettuce, beans, pumpkins, cucumbers, watermelons, tomatoes, onions, corn, chard, brussels sprouts, eggplant, and red cabbage. And for the fruit, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries.

Flowers, random cheap flats, marigolds which I am not a fan of, but I read that they are good in the garden. Morning glories, various sages, sunflowers, sweet peas, some roses a lady dug up and was throwing away.

Oh, and lots of weeds, polk berries, sumac, burmuda grass:))))..

{{gwi:161418}}

{{gwi:161419}}

{{gwi:161420}}

{{gwi:161421}}

{{gwi:161422}}

{{gwi:161423}}

{{gwi:161422}}

Here is Dev who no longer likes to get his picture taken:)

{{gwi:161424}}

{{gwi:161425}}

It has been a lot of fun, and it is going to be a fun family project. Skip is enjoying it, and has been working out there every day. It has been a good thing to do together.

Hope you enjoy the pics:)

D.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting