SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal for Saturday, 07/07/07

lilod
16 years ago

Today is a lucky day? Sure didn't start out that way for me, and whose fault is it? I must take full credit for that!

It has been so hot, I guess my brain was slightly fried. Turned the switch on to start the water for the garden from the seasonal spring, set the timer and obviously ignored the timer, when I rose this morning, the pond aerator, on the same circuit, was going. Oh, oh - means that water was on all night, spring is dry and may not recover, so the garden is on severe rationing.

Maybe it will be lucky and the spring will slowly get enough seepage to work again.

I know Joann is too far away to have noticed the pond-pump working, but Jillarry are right close, but they probably, like me, had fans running and didn't hear anything.

No use crying over spilled water, the roses sure had enough to last them to the end of summer, and there is sufficient household water to keep the veggie patch going.

The heat affects all, I suppose. I had to discipline the rooster, who started beating up on old Dottie and didn't let her eat or drink with the others. I threw an old, dry corn-cob at him and said "get back!" and he did and hasn't hassled anyone, including me, since. I told him he better tow the line, we don't need him for egg-production, and the food is not provided by him, I just allow him to pretend...

Then the boy goats (neutered) were acting up, the girls are in heat, carrying on, and so the boys are getting exited and became total idiots over who gets to eat what bunch of hay.

So they got whacked.

Glad no one whacks me for letting the water run LOL

Today has to be a better day!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions