SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patmark_gw

How to keep fire ants out of my garden

Patmark
12 years ago

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me figure out how to control fire ants organically. I live in S. Fla. and the fire ants are a real problem here. You can really never get rid of them they just seem to move from one yard to another.

I haven't planted anything in the garden yet as I have been summerizing it, also known as baking the soil. I have my soil prepared, weed mat in, drainage ditches dug and will be installing my irrigation tomorrow. Then I will be preparing my mounds for planting the 1rst of August. I have worked my butt off on this garden and it would really wrangle my you know what if after all this the fire ants destroy all my plants.

So far everything I have done has been 100% organic and I would really like to keep it that way. While I don't have any problem with spreading ant kill around the yard, I sure don't want it in my garden. So any ideas from you all that would organically keep these little critters out of my garden would be greatly appreciated. I will check back to look for any responses. If you need any more info I will be quite happy to provide it for you. Thank you so very much in advance, and if you are interested the link below of my garden will show you my indoor starts and my progress of the garden. I will add some picts of the irrigation later in the week.

Patmark

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden progress so far

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!