SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seik4123

Psychopsis query

Sheila
14 years ago

How do you feed your mature plant? With catts the rule seems to be quit feeding once the plant is budding. Well, this plant is in constant budding and continuing to grow new psbs...so do I continue to feed it?

Comments (5)

• donaldb
    14 years ago

Greetings. I've got a couple that are always in bloom. They get fed very weakly (20-20-20) when they get dry. Mine are in slotted clay pots in a mixture of sphagnum,charcoal and bark.

Happy Growing

• Sheila
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thx donaldb, confirmed what I was thinking.

Happy growing to you too!
    Sheila :)

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

Hi Sheila: I grow mine in Aussie and feed when I see growth. It always has multiple buds so I don't worry about that. Mine slows down in winter and I cut back on feeding.

Glad to see that you are giving them another try.

Jane

• Sheila
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thx Jane. This time I bought a Kalihi 'Big'. I really wanted another papilio, but a grower talked me into trying this hybrid. Then last summer it kept blasting it's buds. Spring weather got it spiking again. It had three spikes going with buds until a windstorm knocked it over yesterday. Good news is that one of the buds remains. There are two other spikes that should be budding soon and I think the broken ones will branch.

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

What rotten luck! At least you will have a flower. Post a pic when it blooms. I'm curious to see it.

Good luck,
    Jane

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert