SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deshima

What did I do WRONG moma? with this organic fertilizer?

deshima
17 years ago

I had a very hard time finding the plants I needed this year, only to have killed them with in a day of having them. I can only say I mixed up an all in one, liquid fish and kelp fertilizer at at a rate of four ounces per gallon. The NPK is 4-3-3 then after the fist application, BAM O dead, rotted right away. My question is, did that really happened, did my organic fertilizer rot my plants, or could something else have been the reason? Should I use caution converting a plant from a chemical based system to an organic system of fertilization ? I was under the impression organic was a slow release but I guess it was too organic. My losses were two rare J.Maples and about six hard to find heuchera. After three week I pulled the heuchera out of the ground this morning and the tubers are still fine but the roots have rotted so I removed them form the tubers. I still have question as to what to do with these fine tubers, the nursery that I bought them from said to freeze then until fall, but this was only a best guess on what to do next. Can you tell me which forum could deal with this situration with the heuchera, the maples have been longs since dead.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths