SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sazgrower

ID for yellow flowering weed in pasture

Sazgrower
11 years ago

We recently bought some neighboring pastureland and are trying to improve it- it is in very poor condition, for many years it's just been cut and taken for hay- no regular mowing, no fertilizing, no liming, etc. It is unfortunately mostly foxtails, broomsedge, and weeds, with a little bit of fescue every now and then... (argh). Anyhow, these little weeds are all over the place and I'd love to know what they are. They form a rosette of leaves at the ground, maybe around 8" in diameter, leaves are long ovals and very hairy on both sides. Sends up a single spike (also hairy) with several buds at the end- buds seem to have very dark stripes closely spaced before blooming- from a distance they look black. Flowers are yellow and petals are thin (almost string-like?), and sort of resemble the tiny wild daisies I see some times. I have searched and searched and can't seem to find a match. I'm including pictures, and I apologize as my phone doesn't take good close up pictures, always wants to focus on the background! Thanks in advance for any information you can offer!

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 pictures of weed

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus