SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

New spine but meds were weird

sleeplessinftwayne
18 years ago

I am not sure just how much I have forgotten about the past week. I know I don't much like it. I can only hope I didn't do or say anything embarrassing. I do remember most of yesterday and part of the day before that but the rest is a total blank. Shouldn't they warn you in advance about that? Oh well, I've lived through embarrassing things before and I guess I will survive this.

The good part is they took out my old spine and replaced it with new vat grown bone and a cage. The bad part is I want a cigarette, bad. I can't have one because nicotine keeps the new bone from fusing. That's probably the only thing that would keep me from smoking again. There isn't much discomfort, much less pain and the horrible nerve damage pain is gone. I almost forgot how nice it was to be pain free. I firmly recommend it. They tell me it will be at least 6 months and possibly as long as a year before the bone is healed. I seem to be recovering my memory but I really don't like that part of it. I think I said that didn't I? Have any of you had similar surgery or those kinds of meds?? I was too weirded out by the pain to pay close attention before but I would like to hear more about what happened to me and some of those medical forums are strange. Sandy

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert