SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmann1_gw

Stihl leaf blower leaking from exhaust port

gmann1
16 years ago

I have a Stihl bg55 leaf blower that at one time leaked gas out of the exhaust port. Upon doing some thinking before I wrote in, I wanted to give the most accurate discription of the problem before I wrote in.

Today I went out to my garage and noticed a very black, sooty fluid that had leaked out of the exhaust port of my leaf blower. Upon examining the stain on the floor, I came up with an almost sure theory that it was not accually gas because it would not had been so black. Iliminating the possibility that it has a faulty needle and seat. If this was the problem the leak would have continued until the tank ran dry. 2. The stain was dry, telling me that it only leaked for so long then quit. The only thing I can think of is that there was a buildup of unburned dirty oil somewhere in the motor. When I went to start the motor it ran just fine throughout the intire powerband with a normal idle. Could someone please tell me where this dirty black fluid could be comming from and how to eliminate this from happening again?

Comments (11)