SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlstraub

jellybeanaiko on eBay

carlstraub
15 years ago

This ebay seller had good feedback. Made a purchase, paid immediately through Paypal.

3 weeks later no shipment and answered only 2 emails as to what is the problem.

After a complaint filed with Paypal got immediate response from seller. Finally agreed to refund money.

Now no $ from paypal and no seller response.

THEN seller made an offer to ship plants, insured, tracking # etc. Guess what ??? Not done.

Suggest caution.

Carl Straub

Comments (14)

• jtrmd
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

sorry to hear that.I had a problem with that Ebayer as a buyer this past fall.No payment until I filled a complaint.

• claire1_2008
    15 years ago

I had a seller ship the plant but it arrived with mostly dead psbs. Sellers policy, no refunds or exchanges. I filed a complaint and the seller escalated it to paypal. I got my refund as soon as I shipped the plant back. Paypal's the only reason I still (occasionally) shop at ebay. I also use paypal on other websites that I'm shopping on - when it's a payment option.
    ebay has it's uses but I'm more comfortable shopping for orchids on tried and true orchid sites. (Hausermanns, Oak Hills, Santa Barbara Orchid Estate, orchidweb, etc)

• mehitabel
    15 years ago

Well, it's a downer to get ripped off.

I'm with Claire on this one. Buy from a vendor with a reputation at stake, and an investment in the future of his business. Having to argue and fight for your money back wastes your time and good spirits as well as your money.

And for what" Nothing, basically. I don't think you get anything cheaper, either: A lot of the E-Bayers buy tiny seedlings from Oak Hill or dug-ups from Carter and Holmes to resell, just as you and I could get those tiny plants from OH or C & H if we wanted them. So the offerings aren't exactly rarities, or cheap for the size, either.

• bcfromfl
    15 years ago

Anyone else long for the days of OGRES?

• carlstraub
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry you got ripped off jtrmd. I'm still hopeful paypal will refund my $$. jba will not respond to paypal so I just have to let things take their course.
    Carl
    PS on another site some one said jba accused me of not paying.
    Here's the proof from my paypal page
    Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #6AL46650GE162063V)

Original Transaction
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Feb. 9, 2009 Payment To Jellybeanaiko's Orchid Completed ... -$180.00 USD

Related Transaction
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Feb. 9, 2009 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $180.00 USD
    Business Name:
    Jellybeanaiko's Orchid
    Email:
    aiko31@comcast.net

Business Contact Information
    Customer Service URL: http://stores.ebay.com/Jellybeanaikos-Orchids_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
    Customer Service Email: aiko31@COMCAST.NET
    Customer Service Phone: 360-904-7027

Amount sent:
    -$180.00 USD
    Fee:
    $0.00 USD
    Total:
    -$180.00 USD

Date:
    Feb. 9, 2009
    Time:
    07:52:19 PST
    Completed

Subject:
    Jellybeanaiko's Orchid
    Shipping Address:
    Carl Straub

Confirmed Help

Funding Type:
    Instant Transfer
    Funding Source:
    $180.00 USD - WAMU Checking (Confirmed) xxxxxx4149
    Back Up Funding Source:
    American Express Card XXXX-XXXXXX-X3006
    This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue.

• michigoose
    15 years ago

Escalate it and pursue through Paypal. Contact eBay's fraud as well. Follow it through. Supposedly, Ebay's refusal to accept anything other than Paypal is supposed to stop this sort of nonsense.

I'm with Bruce...Oh for the days of OGRES!

• carlstraub
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    PayPal finally refunded my $$ today.
    5 Weeks of BS.
    BE CAREFUL
    Carl

• seamommy
    15 years ago

I don't buy anything through e-bay that is breakable or perishable. I've been stung too and I never got satisfaction. I have to admit that I have bought lots of wonderful things from honest sellers. It's just that one stinker that ruins it for everyone else. I don't like to buy plants if I haven't seen them and looked at the roots before I hand over my hard-earned cash. Cheryl

• whitecat8
    15 years ago

Carl, glad you got your $$ back. Too bad it took all that time and hassle.

On another forum, Pook linked to The Squeaky Wheel, which covers all consumer products: "An unhappy consumer simply fills out a complaint form, clicks OK, and the complaint instantly gets turned into a web page that is available to more than 40 million Internet users. And just to make sure that each complaint gets the exposure that it deserves, complaints are automatically submitted to at least five Internet search engines. When someone searches for the company/product that you complained about, it is likely that both the company's web page and your complaint page will come up in the search result list. And what Internet surfer can resist clicking on a 'Why I hate ... company' link?"

Better than OGRES in some ways because "Every time a complaint page is viewed, it triggers an automatic e-mail notification letting the target company know that another potential customer has just viewed the complaint. And since each page also has a counter showing how many times it has been viewed, there are no surprises. Everybody knows what is at stake and how important it is to settle the complaint."

How cool is that????

Thanks, Pook.

Whitecat8

Here is a link that might be useful: The Squeaky Wheel

• carlstraub
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Whitecat8,
    Pook's idea is what turned the tide I believe. I submitted the form. got a nasty email from the seller, then MIRACULOUSLY paypal refunded my $$.
    Before that I could get NO help, just BS from Seller and paypal.
    Carl

• whitecat8
    15 years ago

Even better - it works!

WC8

• richardol
    15 years ago

FYI: If you know a seller name and want to check out his history in eBay the link http://myworld.ebay.com/ followed by the name will get it directly. For example mine is http://myworld.ebay.com/ribinin

• jellybeanaiko
    15 years ago

well let me post our conversation Carl..... you are just out to destroy people!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you cry and whine like the worst person ever!
    you got your money back as I promised and agreed in the first place. did you not? c'mon tell the truth here.. as always there are 2 sides of the story... I even offered you a free laelia purpurata pink HCC/aos blooming size division for free for the trouble of not having it shipped to right away because of the crazy cold weather. I communicated with you to let you know what was going on but since you did not get it your way you are just out to destroy a person reputation just because you can... Such character on your part DOES THAT MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON? IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER? hmm something is wrong here...we both know I did not steal anything from you.. you know that.. right. hassle.. yes but steal? I do not think so... as I said I sleep good at night because I do not steal and destroy people's reputation. oh yeah this was part of your threat... well I can counter act by telling the truth.. I do not have anything to hide...
    To: malibucarl@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: You've received an answer to your question about item Cattleya Summer Spot BLOOM SIZE orchid plant 8" net POT
    Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:28:04 -0700

i emailed you monday getting ready to ship you did not reply. i simply wanted wanted to get an ok and if the plants are to your liking. I guess not..

Regarding the shipping... the thing of it is. they will sit outside of my house the carrier picks it up for me because i am not home and will be at work. that is how I ship my plants...
    the shipping label was going to be purchased through paypal so i do not go in the post office.

MARIA KRON
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: aiko31@comcast.net
    Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:54 PM
    Subject: RE: You've received an answer to your question about item Cattleya Summer Spot BLOOM SIZE orchid plant 8" net POT

READ THE EMAIL STRING AGAIN.
    YOU PROMISED TO SHIP THE PLANTS WITH INSURANCE AND TRACKING, ON MONDAY.
    YOU DID NOT DO IT.
    It makes no difference re. Temp IF you deliver them to a facility.
    YOU email paypal to release the funds. THAT would end their investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Re: You've received an answer to your question about item Cattleya Summer Spot BLOOM SIZE orchid plant 8" net POT
    Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:21:59 -0700

i was waiting for your reply yesterday. we had snow falling and freezing temps. you can check my zip code 98684
    but I guess not. i tried working out with you as much as possible.
    paypal will refund your money. as I said they are holding the funds and will release them to you when they are done with their investigation.

MARIA KRON
    Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:01 AM
    Subject: RE: You've received an answer to your question about item Cattleya Summer Spot BLOOM SIZE orchid plant 8" net POT

WTF,
    read your last message--"OK WILL SEND THEM OUT MONDAY"
    u r really unbelievable.
    IF you sent today they would not arrive before the weekend. I DO NOT want plants shipped in bloom. u screwed around for OVER a month now.
    THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME. REFUND MY MONEY NOW !!!
    Carl Straub

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:12:38 -0700

here are the plants.. please tell me if u still want them. I will pack them and get the shipping through paypal. BTW we have cold front our zip is 98684 you can check the weather it is pretty cold so you can tell me if it is ok to ship it but i will not be responsible if they freeze if you agree...

MARIA KRON
    To: carl straub
    Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:22 PM

ok will send them out Monday. do you want pics of the plant so you see them?
    MARIA KRON
    Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 4:28 PM

IF, I say IF, you intend to send the 4 plants Monday, insured, and with a tracking # that you'll send me MONDAY, as you said in the last email, then I will accept your offer.
    If not, tell paypal to release my money immediately.
    Carl Straub

To: malibucarl\
    Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:14:13 -0800

Carl,

I think the problem was i am sending you email through my phone and not getting through. But as far as the funds Paypal will hold the funds as they are right now and will releases it to you once they are done with their investigation.

I work in the morning 8 till pm and use my phone a lot for emails. I noticed that when email is coming through ebay and i reply using my phone it does not go through. ( just found that out)

I will not send you ugliest plant as you can see in the auctions I just listed they are blooming size plants and purpurata pink is a mature division and all of them are in sheath.

I sold lots of orchids and expensive ones and awarded divisions and not here to ruin my reputation at all for 180. I am not here to rip you off or i would not make this effort at all to right the hassle or your wasted time of waiting for the plants and even offer you a nice plant that easily sells for more than 75.00 and not commonly available?

either way you will get your funds through paypal once they are thru...

To: aiko
    Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 6:40 PM
    Subject: You've received an answer to your question about item Cattleya Summer Spot BLOOM SIZE orchid plant 8" net POT

eBay sent this message to(jellybeanaiko).
    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Buyer has responded to your question about this item

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear jellybeanaiko,

I did not receive your proposal.
    I want NO store credit
    You told me that "paypal would refund my money" AND "they have the funds". Both untrue.
    If I accepted your offer of my original 3 plus laelia Purpurata 'pink' you would just send me the worst plants you have.
    PLEASE just refund the $180 as you said you would.
    Carl Straub
    Refund (Unique Transaction ID #526215496V6608736)
    In reference to: 0S952411RV2884504

Original Transaction
    Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
    Feb. 9, 2009 Payment From Carl Straub Refunded Details $180.00 USD -$5.52 USD $174.48 USD

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
    Mar. 2, 2009 The funds that were placed on temporary hold have been reversed Removed Details -$180.00 USD $5.52 USD -$174.48 USD
    Mar. 12, 2009 Update to Reversal Canceled Details $174.48 USD $0.00 USD $174.48 USD
    Mar. 12, 2009 Refund Completed ... -$180.00 USD $5.52 USD -$174.48 USD

Carl Straub
    Email:
    carlstraub@charter.net

Total Amount:
    -$180.00 USD
    Fee:
    $5.52 USD
    Total:
    -$174.48 USD

Date:
    Mar. 12, 2009
    Time:
    16:12:51 PDT
    Completed

Subject:
    You have sent $174.48 USD to Carl Straub with PayPal
    Note:
    Ok Carl, I had a talk with paypal and we are now closing the dispute and your money as promised is being sent back to you. paypal held the funds. I was going to send the orchids even though the funds are being held by paypal until done with their part.

• jellybeanaiko
    15 years ago

BTW.. I do not hide my feedback on ebay.. everyone can view as you please. each transaction is original and feedbacks are unique to each individual's experience. Not everyone will be happy. I am not a corporation or big time nursery. This is just my hobby gone wild. BTW this was no relevant ebay transaction. It was side deal with Carl. The plants are C leopldii in 6 pot blooming size, Carmela summer spot 8" pot, C intermidea Arambeen am/aos blooming size division in 5" pot, Laelia Purpurata Pink HCC/aos blooming size division in sheath and in 6" pot 180.00 includes shipping... Carl even tried to sabotage my email by bombarding my email ...Carl paid 5.00 for this service so in hopes he can annoy people. What kind of person would do such a thing if not a VINDICTIVE TYPE..so to feel vindicated? and then to go on every single orchid forum with the agenda to destroy a person's reputation with just his side of the story?.. No BS Carl.. Everyone here has been distressed with the weird cold weather. Everyone...and me being in Washington State, I cannot control the weather. I have every intention to ship you the orchid I just needed an OK from you before I do so you won't come back and blame me for frozen bulbs or damaged orchids. We were already having problems and just do not make it worst by you receiving them frozen...I communicated with you Carl but you only heard your voice and your side..Least I can say is that I tried. And here I am still making everyone see the rest of the story. I guess this is all my opinion... but let everyone see and let them form their own opinion. I will always be on Ebay as this is my past time hobby and you will not take that away from me.. you can try and try but I will always be offering hard to get orchids and collector orchids not your average ric rac plants wholesale dug up orchids..