SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestf100

Toro/Lawn Boy single stage snowblower questions

bestf100
16 years ago

I am considering buying a used Single Stage 6 1/2 HP Duraforce powered Lawn Boy/Toro snowblower. Model numbers Toro ccr 3650. I believe the Lawn Boy version is model 33006. So if there is anyone with experience to answer my questions, jump right in. I need a powerful single stage that can handle 8" - 14" of Michigan snow on a driveway. Here goes:

1)Are there surging problems with any these snowblower, like there were for the Duraforce lawn mowers?

2) Are these considered the most powerful single stage snowblower you can buy? I saw on the Ariens web site that they make a 7 HP Ariens 722EC with a Tecumseh Snow King engine. Is this a better snowblower? Why or why not?

3) Toro made a 4.5 HP Suzuki powered snowblower several years ago. It was Toro model ccc 3000. Someone told me that these had more actual power and torque to the ground than the Duraforce powered models and is a better engine. True or false?

3) Finally, I would like to know why single stage snowblowers don't have air filters? Anyone?....

Comments (12)