SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aerides

Wha Happened??

aerides
16 years ago

I started out wanting just the ONE little bifoliate cattleya that I had room for. C. aclandiae. So I looked around and saw that EEOM had it. Great.

And then, I also saw that they had a C. schilleriana - what the heck, it's also small - I could probably squeeze that one in. So I ordered those two.

Then I got an email from them saying that they were so sorry but my order didn't meet their minimum so they cancelled my order. My order fell $2 short and I wondered why they hadn't at least emailed me before they cancelled - I just would have told them to add $2 to the order. But no, they didn't do that and I had to create a new order. Naturally I glanced at their offerings again figuring as long as I had to meet a minimum the matter was out of my hands. And I did see one of my favorite botanicals, Encyclia radiata and it seemed I could figure out something for placing it. So, three. A little wishful thinking but what could I do? Order finally submitted.

It came yesterday. I now have SIX new orchids. Maybe because my two cattleya choices were on the young side they decided to send me TWO schillerianas and TWO aclandiaes. Then they sent me a bonus C. intermedia, which together with the Encl. radiata makes, well, six.

Talk about occupational hazards! Not sure the intermedia will make it. All the others were mounted but the little intermedia was potted and had the tell-tale wobble and some wrinkled leaves. Whatever.

John :>)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County