SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estreya_gw

Ut oh! IndoorPharm Insecticidal Soap Used Outdoors

estreya
16 years ago

Hello, all! I recently purchased a number of fruit trees and roses, both of which have been set aside in the same area to await planting. Much to my chagrin, an infestation of aphids has attacked the tender shoots of both. I went to my local nursery in search of an organic insecticidal soap to melt the shells of these menacing little plant gremlins.

The only product that was labeled safe for edibles, including herbs, was one called "Indoor Pharm," which the two folks at the nursery said should do the trick. It contains oils of cottonseed, rosemary, food grade oleic acid, non GMO Canola Oil, USP Grade Glycerin, Potassium Bicarbonate, and pure oils of vanillin, Vit E and Water. Note that the selection was limited, and they didn't have the individual mixtures for fruit trees and roses.

Shortly before dusk, i saturated the curled up, aphid crusted shoots, and sprayed the rose buds liberally. Now, a few hours later, the rose petals seem to be wilting, and some of the leaves are turning purple around the edges. Should i panic?

Tomorrow morning, i'll hose them off. I don't want them to be wet overnight.

Have i totally blown it?

Learning, learning, learning,

estreya

Comments (5)