SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitecat8

Three-year orchid anniversary

whitecat8
16 years ago

Before March, 2005, I'd been re-blooming a couple of NoID Phals from Frank's, a garden/craft chain that's since gone out of business.

That March was the month a woman at a garden center told me that, if I could grow Phals in the house, there were a lot of other orchids that would grow, too.

I got chills.

Then she told me about Orchids Limited, which is in the Twin Cities. I went home, got Yahoo directions, and drove over there in the dark of night.

The front greenhouse had lights on and moisture running down the inside of the windows. I could see a jungle of orchids inside! Magic!!

The next day, I left work early to get there before the 5:00 closing. Walking into that air with those scents was heaven when the Minnesota winter would hang on for another month or so.

I came home and told DH that I'd get an orchid every three months so I could learn the culture of each. Delusional woman. April brought the AOS annual show to Minneapolis, and I went nuts.

About a month before, on March 25, I joined this forum. What a treasured resource it has been! Many of my orchids would never have lived or bloomed or re-bloomed without the folks here. Plus, there are many here whom I appreciate for their experience, wisdom, humor, and graciousness.

Many thanks to those who have had the patience to give me a clue in this amazing world of orchids. I pass it on when I can.

With gratitude, Whitecat8

Comments (14)