SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kiki

Wild Blackberry Vines

17 years ago

I love blackberries, but these are on the edge of the woods and right where I put my flower bed, not many berries, but lots of vines. I didn't know about lasagna gardening or putting cardboard or paper down. We pulled and pulled and this is the 3rd year. I am still pulling.....is there anything that would help? I am staying organic and have made about 3 lasagna beds since then. I have never put chemicals on this bed so even tho it may not be rich soil it has no poisons. My compost will be usable by the end of the summer and I am wondering how much will that encourage the blackberries? Have what I think are voles in that patch and why don't they eat blackberry vines instead of flowers, lol? I have used worm castings,wood mulch, flower tone and such there, but this will be the first time I have put compost down. I have decided that if the compost doesn't do some noticable good then next spring I will do the soil tests with the extension office. Not going to do it this spring as it is so late already.

Thanks Y'all,

Kiki

Comments (7)