SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norar_il

How do you keep 'em out of the flowers?????

norar_il
15 years ago

I know we're a bunch of flower lovers and dog lovers, but I'm finding the two don't mix around here. We live in the country, so are blessed with gift dogs and we're down to only four now (an obese Rotweiler mix, a Golden Retriever mix, an American Bulldog mix and one just plain mix), all of whom I love dearly, but they all want to nap in my flower beds. When they don't feel like enjoying the crisp and snappy feeling of lying on top of my plants, they really savor the feeling of the bare earth after they dig up the plants. This increases the amount of green stuff they can destroy -- dig up some and smother others with the extra dirt.

I've put up the short wire fencing from the discount stores. My guys just step over it or just knock it down. I have filled my flower beds full of large rocks, bricks and stakes to make them not so comfy, but these boys are able to make themselves comfortable anyway. And all that junk is looking pretty, well, junky.

DH wants to put up a cut off picket fence left over from another project, but that is way too heavy looking for relatively small areas. Any ideas of some sort of fence I can step over, but these dogs cannot? My legs are a little longer than even the largest dog. I'm so tired of yelling at dogs who ignore me anyway and I'm tired of having squished flowers and dog-shaped hollows. Help?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions