SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrobbins_gw

The Cold is going around

Mrobbins
15 years ago

...the office. I'm down with it today. Nasty head cold that I'm trying to prevent from becoming a nasty chest cold. Longer fever than most colds get out of me. Eats sleep. Shrugs off chicken soup. Pauses a bit when deluged with clear liquids, internally and externally.

Several of my colleagues have suffered/are suffering from The Cold. It makes me want to have a Rest Cure for us all. Here is what my fantasy Recovery Spa would have:

A wide, sheltered wooden deck facing the sun, outfitted with the cushiest deck chairs and a fluffy comforter on each one. A large woven basket with a plastic liner, and five boxes of lotion-covered Kleenex, placed next to each deck chair. My coworkers and I would be given a week off to lie in this outdoor spa, swaddled in comforters, our faces soaking up the early Spring sun. An attendant would bring us regular doses of delicious clear broth, hot medicinal teas with honey, cinnamon toast, applesauce, and for those in better health some nice hearty chicken soup, or spaghetti with garlic and parsley. Soft music would play out of speakers on the deck. We would have a small selection of books and magazines at hand on the table next to us. At 4 pm each day the deck would automatically enclose, with greenhouse walls and roof that slide out and fasten together; the humidifiers would go on, and the filtered HVAC system would circulate clean healthy air. The hanging plants all around the deck would exhale their friendly green oxygen all around us. At 5 pm there would be a quietly funny movie shown to cheer us all up, then dinner, then bed at 8 pm.

What would you add to the Recovery Spa? Perhaps some friendly cats to jump up on laps and purr?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions