SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amychan331_gw

Impulsive Purchase of Baby Orchid... by a Beginner

amychan331
12 years ago

I was just going to look at the pretty flowers as a volunteer at the Orchid Expo.

Just have some fun, I thought. Get in the festive mood, take some pictures, awed over the pretty display of flowers, make it a good Sunday.

Maybe I got a little too into the mood.

Long story short, I was introduce to baby, 2 1/2" Orchids, wrapped in nice clear plastic bags, with pretty pictures of its future bloom next to it. They had one that is fragrant and called "Chocolate Drop". I have yet to grow fragrant flowers yet, since I am a herb gardener. And the name and color, it's delicious. Plus, it was last one, practically waiting for me. I even walked way to look at other stores. Came back. It's still there!

I asked the vendor if it is good beginner plant, she answered yes.

I think you know how the story goes... *cough*

So.. onto my actual problem. Looking back, I realize that I should had opened the plastic wrapping and checked the plants a bit better before I buy. Just because it seemed like destiny, does not mean that it would be a positive destiny. I have never grow orchid before, and sure I will be researching the next couple of days, but I am not sure those what to categorize those white root coming out when I start reading. Is that why it was the only pot left?

The root (I think?) are just hanging there in the air - I know Orchards may hang on trees in the tropical, but it's in pot now, so do I just ignore it? Do I need to repot it?

{{gwi:143009}}

{{gwi:143011}}

Comments (4)