SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oneplant_twoplant

New House, Unknown trees

oneplant_twoplant
16 years ago

Hello everyone, I just moved into a new home a few weeks ago, and I've begun making small dents in the landscaping and gardening (virtually non-existent when we moved in, unless you count the knee-high weed fields!) I'm in Zone 9 in Western/central Florida if that helps - and my soil seems like pure sand (with tons of small white round shells in it!)

I need some help identifying a few plants that I photographed, posting online in my photobucket gallery:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk290/oneplant_twoplant/

Tree 1 is a tree that perhaps suffered from some tough pruning, disease, who knows what (maybe you can help). It has very few leaves, and 2 different types of growths on the trunk. The leaves are kind of fuzzy, and there's two of the same type of tree just beginning to grow within 4 feet away, in the "lawn." These also have a fuzzy trunk. I'd like some assistance in identifying it, and some advice for nurturing it, if anyone has any ideas.

Tree 2's leaves are very thick and glossy.

Tree 3 put out leaves much later than the other trees in the area; we thought it was dead when we moved in. Maybe that helps identify it?

The other two unknowns are 2 bushes.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!