SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Adventures for the Week

agnespuffin
12 years ago

Sometimes things happen and you just have to do what's best. And so it was with the ceiling in our den. It had to be fixed. That meant moving everything out.

Soooo, we decided that as we put things back, we would clean and sort "stuff." You know what I mean....all the things that gather up through the years.

In this case....Books. Three big, tall book cases full and overflowing with books. Good Books, well read Books, waste-of-money Books, and other odds and ends of Books.

One pile goes to the recycle center as they are old, not very good, and falling to pieces. Maybe the guys at the center will read them.

Another pile will go to our church's Thift Store. I don't ever intend to garden, redecorate or raise kids ever again. They are in good shape, seldom used!

But there is one that I just have to keep. It's old, beat up, and falling to pieces.

It was in the summer of 1957. Our first born son decided to read it. He had just finished the First Grade!!! He was an exceptional reader, and it took him the rest of the summer. He enjoyed it. (he had heard us talk about it) And I think he understood it. It was his first grown up book and we were so proud of his deciding to read it and sticking with it.

It was Ernest Hemingway's "Old Man and The Sea."

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions