SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

We felt like loners.

gandle
13 years ago

We went to a funeral, more like a memorial service this morning and Leone wore a nice dress and I just wore a suit and tie. We were just about the only ones that bothered to dress up a little. One man, a relative of the deceased wore a ball cap even in church.

We work all our lives to get a little dignity and I think at the final services for the deceased we should show a little respect.

I'm aware that it doesn't make any difference to the deceased but even so, shouldn't the final goodbye be a little dignified by at least wearing something besides torn jeans and sweat shirts with a logo on them.

These relatives are a mix of business owners and a few teachers plus some college students and I'm disgusted with them because of what I think was lack of respect.

Afraid at the luncheon at the church afterward I couldn't be very polite and chatty. Leone feels the same but she held her disgust back better and did join in the talk.

Was glad to get out of there.

This woman worked for me for a couple of years and was good sales person. While we had no contact for a while we felt we should bid a final goodbye respectfully.

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox but I really fell quite strongly about this.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions