SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Ramblings on a Late-January Day

calliope
15 years ago

Sitting down to eat lunch, and that's when I generally log in and see what's going on here. Not much, lol. So, I'm starting a 'rambing' thread. Feel free to comment on anything particularly hanging in your head on this mid-winter day. Such as:

I just noticed Smokey the Bear doesn't say that only we can prevent forest fires anymore, now it's wildfires. When did that change?

I just subscribed to our 'hometown' paper after a hiatus of at least four years, as a Christmas present to my DH. Can you say culture shock? It has now dwindled down to perhaps eight pages, and has just dropped the daily classified section. That will only be offered around the week-ends. Of course it is no longer printed locally, but in another county no less.

The Gubment is really serious about going paperless. If you aren't on-line then alls I can say is "good luck". Found out when I went to file my state sales tax. Geesh, you'd a thunk they could have at least issued us a letter one last time to warn us. LOL.

Pine siskins are all over the map in the U.S. this winter. They normally only venture down en masse from Canada and Alaska in hard winters, looking for food. So, any Canuks want to tell us what their winter is looking like so far? If we are getting hammered, how up north?

The sun is out today, and for the first day in a long time it is above freezing. Back to the ice box tomorrow, however.

Heard my husband just mention NY state is going to start an 18% obesity tax on soft drinks. It's sort of refreshing to see someone finally noticed that smoking isn't the only road to bad health we can tax. LOL

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions