SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlysc2015

In this dreadful heat how is the water and sewer bill?

kimberlysc
12 years ago

Hello all,

Yesterday I went to pay the water and sewer bill. We had sod put down in May so this was the first bill we received since we had sod. I was quite happy with the water bill, but the sewer bill was ridiculous. I asked the lady at the counter did they have mercy on people with new yards and watering and she said she understood but they were told they can't discount the sewer bill. Well in this rinky dink town I wasn't surprised.

I read, and I'm sure there are others out there, that a town in Connecticut based their residential usage on the amount of water used during the winter qtr. They bill 4 times a year. The reason for this is that any water used during the winter is discharged into the sanitary sewer. During summer months water is used to water lawns, wash cars, fill pools and never enters the sewer system. By basing the billing usage on the winter quarter only, homeowners are not billed unnecessarily for water that did not enter the sewer system. What a great idea!! How is it for others that have sod put down or any others that use significantly more water in the summer?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville