SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmcknight_gw

Lawnboy Rejetting revisited - and a big thank you!

16 years ago

I am not a lawnmower enthusiast; I own a lawnmower because I have a yard to mow. It's a LB 10323. I used it for 2 seasons, and then due to being away from home for extended periods of time we had a yard man do our yard, then continued with him for another year. I realized this year that I really should be mowing my own yard; however, the 2nd year I used the LB it surged all the time. It has since set up for 2 years and of course, still surges big time. I didn't know that was the symptom, or that it was so widespread, till I researched on the net and found this forum and the various rejetting threads. Again, I'm not a small-engine guy or even that much of a handyman, but I can troubleshoot and follow directions.

The less-long story is, I ordered a B&S 801308 jet, spent all of 5 minutes replacing it, and the surging STOPPED. The mower is, as best I can tell, good as new. I was gleefully traipsing through mud and standing water to mow some grass with this thing.

My father, an elderly 81 year old ex-tinkerer, looked on in amazement as I knew exactly where to find the jet (under the tape label).

All is well with the LB, and thank you again!!

Comments (22)