SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mooch91

pros/cons of snapper with swivel wheel kit

mooch91
16 years ago

All,

The Snapper website shows that a "SWIVEL WHEEL KIT" or "CASTER KIT" is available for my residential 21" Snapper Hi-Vac mower.

I am looking to determine some of the pros and cons of this kit. I mow about 1/2 acre and even at this small size, the job takes me a while to do it right and I am always looking for ways to make it a bit easier. My lawn is well cared for and I like to maintain a well manicured look.

Although I need to maneuver around a fair number of beds in the yard, a lot of the tougher areas to mow are in square corners, like around and between fences (i.e., need to make hard right or left turns on the first pass around the area; little opportunity to make sweeping turns). Additionally,while my front yard consists of a lot of 75 - 100 ft. passes, some of the areas in my back yard are only 6 - 10 ft. wide.

Not having used a swivel wheel mower, my gut feel is that the swivel wheels will work great for marking 180 degree turns on the long passes,but will be more difficult to maneuver in a hard right or left turn situation such as in the corner of a fence.

Can someone with experience with this kit post some pros/cons? And if you have any pictures other than what's shown on the Snapper website, it would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment (1)