SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Would You Believe FREECYCLE???

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

I had to leave my old fountain in Houston which was a wedding gift, when we moved. :( I really mourned loosing my beloved water feature.

I bought the lady statue in a damaged pile at a fountain and statue making factory. I walked in and asked "do you have a clearance, discard, or damaged, sale area"??? The lady's cost was $20.

Freecycle had an add that said "you move it, you can have it". My hubs and Son went to see why it was being let go. It was full of mud and leaves and the motor was broken. A water feature needs tons of consistant attention and they were busy folks. "one man's trash, pain in the butt fountain, is another man's dream treasured water feature".

We power washed it and stacked it up until we can get a pump.

We bought the concrete table for $20. from Craigslist. The top of the table was used as a platform because the yard is a slope. I'll need to put pots of flowers around it this spring. I did plant a pear tree further back behind it for privacy. Our garden area is teeny, tiny with zero privacy.

We will try and buy a new pump this summer. These concrete pieces are so heavy to move, we want to start out with a brand new one if possible.

{{gwi:200372}}

Comments (14)