SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rimexboy

Honda HRB423 pull cord stuck.

rimexboy
9 years ago

Hello all.
I'm in need of some help on a lawnmower I bought last weekend from a car boot sale...
It was working fine at the boot sale the guy even started it and said here you go, have a go.. So I did and it seamed fine.

Well I bought it stuck it in my car took it home and then went to cut the grass and the stater cord got stuck.

It's a Honda HRB423 self propelled lawnmower and here is a picture of the engine number

{{gwi:137090}}

I've removed the starter recoil unit and it appears it's got one of the white bits missing from the recoil unit so got another off the Internet but it seams I may be missing another part...

I think it's called the starter shroud or something like that, as I've tried the replacement recoil unit and it's like the white bits come out of the recoil unit and it's like they are getting stuck out as the lawnmower has nothing to stop them.
I've looked on the Internet and I understand there are 2 types of Honda GV100 engines the K1 and the K2 but I can't find any information about the part I may be missing, it may be number 3 in the picture below.

{{gwi:137092}}

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks Simon

Comments (26)