SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Craft show advice: remark by friend has thrown me off!

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

I posted on the crafts and decoration forum about organizing a show in a friends home. I have only lined up 4 artisans including myself, but I'm aiming for 10.

I got advice on how to do it over at C&D (link below). So people I know from this forum commented there.

I've been calling friends for ideas of crafts people to invite, and also to invite them to come to the show. Today a very good and supportive friend said she didn't think she would go because in such a small venue she would feel guilty (because it would be obvious?) if she doesn't buy anything.

I was a little surprised. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to counteract that worry, if not in her, in other potential shoppers. It will be a private show by "invitation only". Each crafter will get 20 cards and an e-card to send to their friends. It will say not to post the card but to tell friends or bring them with them if they wish. Plus we will invite any neighbors that we know at all, and the hostess and some other women ont he street wll invite their friends.

Any thoughts? I was very excited, but this and an earlier negative remark by someone who is going to participate have made me question what am I doing!

tia

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: C&D Hosting a craft show in your home

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting