SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzi711

painting/staining bricks

suzi711
15 years ago

Hi all,

I've been coming to this site for around 8 yrs.-have posted a couple of time, but nothing for years. I know I could probably go to others for this question, but I know how crafty we are all, and I thought I would get a much better answer here.

I bought this older home 2 yrs. ago, [still am working on it-lol!!]; I have just started doing some major stuff outside,[this was a blank canvas, no plants, 2 huge dead trees, etc.]. Anyhow, the siding is a light bluish/gray, and about 2 feet up from ground across front is a fieldstone brick applied below siding-all trim is white-I want to faux finish brick,[which is now a creamy white-this is real brick/or cement made to look like brick]. Would you guys use a watered down paint,[ which I have in terra cotta patio paint], or a stain. I have been to lowes and all they have are browns in stain, zilch in cement stain. I want to anchor the house w/color, making brick a reddish brick color, with light washes of white and grays, maybe a little burnt sienna; and possibly black or dk. tealish navy blue shutters and small touches of this color elsewhere- I want the siding more grayish looking. Since this is more of a crafty type undertaking, I hope someone[s] here can help. I'm thinking whatever I use should stick, as this is"virgin" brick, but I'm not sure what to use. I'm hoping someone here has tried this. Thanks so much for reading this-sorry its so long. Suzi

Comments (4)