SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
navigator_gw

Mulching Mower Choices: Snapper, Honda, Toro?

Navigator
18 years ago

I currently have a very old Snapper mulching mower that has served me well but is ready to give up the ghost. I was all set to replace it with another Snapper (M Series: MRP216518B)-self-propelled, mulcher, but got frustrated that there no dealers with any mowers in stock within reasonable driving distance of my home. Snapper seems to have reduced their dealer network in my area (northern suburbs of Chicago). In a large metro area I don't think I should have to drive an 45 minutes to buy or service a lawn mower. That said, I have been looking at alternatives-- Honda and Toro mulching mowers. The Honda dealer pretty much steered me away from the Harmony Series-- he said he had had to many problems with them-- and suggested that the HRX Series was best, but also pretty expensive ($600 range) for the needs of my small lawn. Toros seem to get good reviews on this forum but I am not too keen on the Personal Pace system.

Given a choice among a Snapper, Honda and Toro I would appreciate any thoughts/comments from forum members for a good mulching mower for a fairly small lawn. At $600 the Honda seems a bit much. At about $400 the Snapper remains attractive, but seems to get less than stellar reviews.

Comments (15)